Help with the costs

“The applicant” ( person taking responsibility for Funeral account ) – if you or your partner are on low income benefits and need help towards the cost of a funeral, you may be able to get a “Funeral Payment”. You can either download the form from the government site or collect one at the local Job Centre Plus.

Below follows a list of the qualifying benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based job seekers allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Child Tax Credit

If you need to get in touch…

Please leave this field empty.

Social Fund Loan

If you need financial help with the cost of a Funeral you may be able to get a loan. You will have to pay the loan back, but you will pay no interest. You may be able to receive a loan if you have been getting income support, income-based jobseeker’s allowance, income-related employment and support allowance, pension credit or payment on account of one of these benefits or entitlements for at least 26 weeks. Again the forms will be available at Jobcentre Plus.

Social Fund – Widows / Widowers Bereavement Payment

These bereavement payments and widowed parent’s allowance are all based on your spouse or civil partner’s national insurance contributions. By your spouse or civil partner we mean the person you were legally married to, or were in a civil partnership with, at the time of their death. Again the Bereavement claim form can be downloaded or available at the Jobcentre Plus Office.

If you want to get in touch:

Tel: 01475 728 760